Alpha Brain is a nootropic supplement that claims to enhance cognitive function, including memory, focus, and processing speed. It is manufactured by Onnit, a company that sells a variety of health and fitness products.
Alpha Brain contains a blend of 13 ingredients, including:
- Alpha-GPC: A precursor to acetylcholine, a neurotransmitter that plays a role in memory and learning.
- Huperzine A: An acetylcholinesterase inhibitor, which prevents the breakdown of acetylcholine.
- Bacopa monnieri: An adaptogenic herb that has been shown to improve cognitive function and protect against neurodegenerative diseases.
- L-theanine: An amino acid that has been shown to reduce anxiety and improve cognitive function.
- Phosphatidylserine: A phospholipid that is essential for cell membrane function and has been shown to improve memory and cognitive function.
Onnit claims that Alpha Brain is effective because it increases alpha brain wave activity. Alpha brain waves are associated with a state of calm focus and relaxation.
There is some scientific evidence to support the claims made about Alpha Brain. For example, a study published in the journal Psychopharmacology found that Alpha Brain improved working memory and processing speed in healthy adults.
Another study, published in the journal Alzheimer’s & Dementia, found that Alpha Brain improved cognitive function in people with mild cognitive impairment.
However, it is important to note that these studies were funded by Onnit, the manufacturer of Alpha Brain. More independent research is needed to confirm the effectiveness of Alpha Brain.
Side Effects and Safety
Alpha Brain is generally considered to be safe for most people to take. However, some people may experience side effects such as headache, stomachache, anxiety, and insomnia.
It is important to talk to your doctor before taking Alpha Brain, especially if you have any underlying health conditions or are taking any other medications.
Alpha Brain is a nootropic supplement that claims to enhance cognitive function. There is some scientific evidence to support these claims, but more independent research is needed.
If you are considering taking Alpha Brain, it is important to talk to your doctor first to make sure it is safe for you.